15 Oct Time to update your calendar?
The aspen leaves have turned golden in Colorado, providing a beautiful reminder of our transition into the fall season. I hope you have some wonderful summer vacation memories to keep that season in mind as well! Just a few items to bring to your attention for your calendar of upcoming opportunities:
- Monday, October 18 is the registration deadline for VMAE | Fall Conference 2021 before price increases take effect. You’ll find all the details HERE on an exceptional and highly interactive program with Gary LaBranche, FASAE, CAE – not to mention all the great opportunities to connect with your peers in the delightful setting of Sonoma County, California. Current pricing is in effect through Monday, then prices go up by $200 – so register early to save!
- The Veterinary Practice Growth speaker series will launch on Thursday, November 18 at 12:30 PM Mountain time with Dr. Matt Salois sharing key messages and take-aways from the AVMA Business and Economic Forum that is currently underway. The monthly series provides live and on-demand webinars – free to your VMA and free to your members – that address ways to build a healthier veterinary practice. If you publicize the opportunity to your members and share the registration link, VMAE will support you by handling the registration and confirmation process.
The VMAE Practice Health Committee, with the support of Christopher O’Toole at Breightly.com, has developed FAQs, marketing tips, and the digital assets you can cut-and-paste into your digital communications so that marketing the programs is a turnkey breeze! Check it all out HERE and help YOUR members access these complimentary programs.
- VMAE @ VLC – There will be plenty of opportunities for education and connection as VMAE presents three programs during the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference in Chicago:
- The Critical Issues in Veterinary Association Leadership workshop with Glenn Tecker will be offered on Thursday, January 6. The full-day workshop, which premiered in 2020 to outstanding reviews, is designed to deepen alignment and expand effectiveness of three key individuals in your VMA – the president, president-elect, and executive director. Program details and registration information can be found HERE. Block that day in your travel plans and get set for an impactful, beneficial program with your leadership partners!
- The President/President-elect Forum (to which VMA executive directors are invited) will be presented by VMAE on Friday, January 7 from 3-4:30 PM. Candace Joy (executive director of the Washington State VMA and chair of the VMAE DEI Committee) and Kim D’Abreu (VMAE’s DEI consultant) will lead the “Advancing DEI: From Understanding to Action” session in which participants will explore resources provided in the Journey guide for VMAs, hear multiple perspectives, engage in facilitated dialog, and develop and action plan for next steps their organizations can take to advance DEI. Candace and Kim will be joined on stage by several VMA executives and their leadership partners who will share about their DEI journey. Please highlight this session to your president and president-elect so they select the workshop when registering for the AVMA VLC.
- And what VLC would be complete without the VMAE member luncheon where colleague connections, a delicious meal, and VMAE updates are all shared? It will happen once again on Saturday, January 8 so keep lunch time open on your schedule – registration details will be distributed later this fall.
Please let me know if you have questions about any of these offerings. I look forward to seeing you both in person and virtually at these terrific VMAE events!