15 Jan An Enticing Menu
The last couple months have been energetic ones, thanks to you! From conferences to program launches and new member orientations to committee meetings, there’s been lots of terrific interaction and education. Take a look at this menu of offerings:
VMAE On Demand
In case you weren’t able to participate in a live session here’s an inventory of recent recordings that are available on demand:
- Leading Your Members Into the Next Normal – This virtual town hall was held on November 12 for VMA executives with Drs. Karen Felsted, Matt Salois, and Peter Weinstein sharing their insights.
- The Next Normal: Pathways for Veterinary Medicine – Here’s a podcast version December 3 session, again featuring Drs. Felsted, Salois, and Weinstein, that was targeted to veterinarians. Feel free to share this complimentary program with your members. Be sure to scroll down on the page in order to see the Soundcloud player.
- AVMA Member Edge – VMAE hosted a virtual town hall on December 9 for VMAs interested in utilizing the AVMA Member Edge program as a way to expand benefits offered to VMA members. AVMA’s Jodie Taggett provided details along with representatives of the three featured benefit programs (merchant bankcard processing, business and personal credit cards, and custom-branded apparel). It’s not too late to find out more and participate if your VMA is interested.
- New member orientation – Since new executive directors couldn’t assemble in Schaumburg as usual, we delivered a virtual orientation to acquaint them with VMAE programs, services, and service opportunities.
- Winter member gathering – More than 50 members gathered for a virtual session on January 7, 2021 – the date we’d typically convene over lunch in Chicago during the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference. If you’re curious for an update on VMAE activities, resources for you as well as resources for your members, and officer updates this session recording will fill you in.
- VMAE | Fall Conference 2020 – Held virtually November 4-6, 2020, conference sessions presented by Dean West (principal at the Association Laboratory) were recorded. The conference microsite on VMAE.org has been updated to provide access to the session recordings – plus the conference report that produced in conjunction with Dean West and the Association Laboratory. Covered in the conference report’s 38 pages you’ll find topics like the environment facing associations, the environment facing veterinary care, emerging strategic roles of the modern VMA, emerging solutions and strategies, and challenges facing key strategies. It’s an evidence-based product contextualized for veterinary medicine, thanks to the imaginative contributions of conference participants.
Members who registered for the meeting have on-demand access to the microsite – just follow this link and enter the password that you used to attend conference sessions.
Didn’t register for the conference but want to get this valuable report (plus view the session recordings, and download the additional research reports from Association Laboratory that were made available to participants)? Of course you do! And VMAE is extending a special offer – you can access all that high-value material through April 15 for the modest fee of $195. Follow this link to register for on-demand access which is being extended to members who didn’t or couldn’t attend in case they wish to pay a reduced fee for access to the microsite.
- VMAE | ThinkWORKS 2021 – Our next opportunity to think together is coming right up – again in virtual mode on April 14-16. Following the ThinkWORKS hallmark, this program is a deep dive designed to stimulate your thinking – and to create success, as you define it. Your ThinkWORKS team, led by Emily Kane, has been working to make sure that another high-impact program is in store with the theme Harnessing the Power of the Pause. Think MasterMind. Think HotSeat sessions. Think ThinkWORKS! And here’s a brief video from our facilitator, Mary Byers (co-author of The Race for Relevance and other highly regarded books) to build out these ideas. Registration information is coming soon!
We first created Partner Portals with last summer’s conference as a way to provide visibility for our Strategic Initiative Partners, who would ordinarily join us in person. The portals were very well received so we decided to make them a permanent addition to the VMAE website. They’re easy to access – simply scroll down on the home page and click on one of our partner logos; on their page you’ll find key contact information as well as videos, digital resources, and social media links – and the information is available 24/7. There are two resources within the Partner Portals that I’d like to highlight:
- On the lower portion of the portal for Banfield Pet Hospital, under Resources, you’ll see links to session recordings from the Banfield Pet Healthcare Industry Summit held each September. Typically held in person, the Summit last September was held virtually and focused on key themes of broad interest to VMAs and to you – for example, one theme was about advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the veterinary sector and another was about competency-based veterinary medical education and the innovative changes being envisioned by the colleges of veterinary medicine. The two hours of content being shared will deepen your understanding and appreciation for these issues.
- On the lower portion of the portal for Merck Animal Health, under Resources, you’ll see the first link is titled Merck Contact List. This resource was created by Merck after discussion with the VMAE board about finding a way to connect executive directors with Merck resources such as their key professional services contacts and their legislative contact in each state. If you’ve ever wanted to discuss a public policy issue with a colleague in the animal health sector, now you have the Merck contact
Please note that the resources on the Partner Portals are for you specifically – the links and information are confidential and should not be shared.
Happy viewing! And thank you for engaging with VMAE – your community and your professional home!