19 Dec VMAE Resource Additions
Several resources for VMA executives have been added to the VMAE website:
- A one-hour webinar with Christopher O’Toole on the impactful and legal use of imagery in VMA communications – specifically, images to support your messaging about membership value.
- Two flyers sent by the Ontario VMA (and generously shared by their CEO, Doug Raven) instead of traditional letters, as part of their member recruitment process. These are excellent examples of tailored messaging for segmented audiences. Click on Member Recruitment Strategies for the flyers and “why they work” background.
- A board orientation slide deck, originally presented by VMAE colleagues at the President/President-elect Forum during the AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference. Click on Board Orientation for the presentation.
- The Ohio VMA developed a comprehensive record retention policy (posted to the VMAE website thanks to their CEO, Jack Advent). Click on Record Retention Policies to review the document.
And did you know that the VMAE listserv archives are searchable? It’s easy and produces excellent results if you’re trying to determine whether a topic has been previously discussed on the listserv. To access the archives, here are the steps:
- Click on Listserv in the Resources section on the VMAE website
- Then look for the Archives information, and either follow the link to the archives or establish a password (if you haven’t done so previously).
- Then you’ll see a screen box in which weekly archives appear, if you wish to review a particular week.
- If you wish to do a global search of the archives, enter your information in the right-hand box labeled Search Archives.
It’s easy – and immensely useful. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact TeshaHoff@vmae.org for assistance.
Ralph Johnson, CEO | VMAE