16 Aug The Roadmap for Your Next 21 Days!
Greetings, colleagues –
It’s August. It’s tempting to be whistling “Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer” – but VMAE has so many great things going on I wanted to check in with you and make sure the summer vacay hadn’t made them pass you by! Here’s a personal checklist to help you make the most of these opportunities:
- Momentum – We’ve partnered with Mary Byers, CAE (author of Race for Relevance) on this online course focused on “Strategy Starters for Today’s Association Professional.” VMAE has covered the cost, so your only investment is the time you commit to learning and advancing your understanding of strategy. Three self-paced online modules, 3 CAE credits. Register today – details here!
- Financial IQ Webinars – VMAE has teamed up with the Veterinary Hospital Managers Association to deliver a series of online financial seminars – available to your members at no charge. Details here. The next webinar is on August 22, so there’s still time to let your members know. The third webinar in the series will occur October 3. Kudos to the New York State Veterinary Medical Society and the Michigan Veterinary Medical Association for getting lots of their members registered for the first webinar!
- Momentum Book Club – To enrich your Momentum learning experience VMAE created the book club so we can discuss key learnings and share “aha!” moments at the end of each online module. On Thursday, August 30 at noon Mountain time we’ll hold the first discussion (hosted on The Bridge Club video conferencing platform) – so register Click on Book Club here for details.
- Set. Go2! – We’re undertaking a second initiative with Partners for Healthy Pets, designed to provide great value to your members and to your VMA. Like the first initiative (on forward booking), VMAE has developed turn-key materials for your use starting January 1. This time the focus is on a proven, effective method for motivating inactive clients to book an appointment and provide the healthcare their pets deserve. You’ll find the program details here – and we need your VMA’s commitment to participate by September 1. You’ll find the VMA pledge form here. Let’s drive another great success together – Ready. Set. Go2!
- Starting the Conversation – Marketing strategist Chris O’Toole (of Breightly.com) helped us develop value proposition statements that you can use in starting the conversation about membership value. Check out the presentation Chris made at the VMAE | Summer Conference in Denver; click here for the video and more. As a follow up, Chris will present a FREE webinar (hosted on The Bridge Club video conferencing platform) at 11 AM Mountain time on September 5. Chris will discuss the thoughtful and licensed use of imagery in VMA communications. Register today!
- New Resources at VMAE.org – Six new articles added to the JumpStart! library are ready for you to publish as practice management Presenter slides and tools from VMAE | ThinkWORKS 2018 have been added to the Diversity & Inclusion section under Resources, to help you turn D&I principles into practice. And all the presentations from the VMAE | Summer Conference 2018 will be available to you tomorrow morning; just click here to access the growing portfolio of presentations from our meetings.
OK, that a pretty great cascade of good stuff, right? Yeah, VMAE! I hope you’ll engage in these initiatives, all designed to benefit you, your members, and the veterinary profession. We are doing more together!
PS – And one more good thing. Nashville is beckoning as the VMAE | Fall Conference 2018 approaches on November 8-10. The online brochure will be arriving in your mailbox any moment now, so save those dates and register early for the best rates – and for the best seats in the house at two exciting venues!