VMAE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, partners, staff, service providers, guests, and others. All are expected to abide by this policy. This policy applies to all VMAE events. VMAE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our events. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, VMAE asks that you inform our staff so that we can take appropriate action.
Use caution when discussing products. Information shared or posted may not be private, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. VMAE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. Furthermore. VMAE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, partner, staff, service provider, or other event guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or social events organized by VMAE. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any VMAE staff.
- Challenging or attacking others. Discussions and comments should stimulate conversation, not create contention. Let others have their say.
- Posting defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Sharing copyright protected information or material without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Sharing or posting any information regarding fees, rates, prices, or similar information. Comments that encourage or facilitate any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade are prohibited. Messages about the following subjects are inappropriate and should not be posted: fees, prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
VMAE events are provided as a service for its members, and some events are open to nonmembers. VMAE is not responsible for the opinions and information shared by individuals during events. Opinions provided are those of the individual and do not represent the VMAE. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information provided at VMAE events. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall VMAE be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of any information provided in conjunction with one of its events.