06 Mar VMAE Releases Podcast Report and Resources
You may recall a recent VMAE survey that asked you about podcasting. We wondered, for example, if you were interested in creating podcasts and if you were already doing so. In a nutshell, what you indicated was a VERY high interest in getting into podcasting – and you also indicated that very few VMAE members are actually delivering podcasts. These findings precipitated a few actions:
- The VMAE Podcast Task Force was empaneled by your Board of Directors. Tim Atkinson (executive director at the New York State Veterinary Medical Society) graciously agreed to chair the task force, and we identified several additional volunteers who were willing to undertake the charge issued by the board.
- The task force has prepared a report of its findings and recommendations, which you can download here. A few highlights of the report include:
- Resources for VMA executives such as “how to” information and hyperlinks to information about equipment, editing software, and hosting services.
- Resources for VMA websites, with a curated list of existing podcasts relevant to veterinary professionals that you can make available – at no charge – to your members. There’s content available TODAY that you can use to move forward.
- In the recommendations you’ll see that the task force recommended that VMAE develop educational programming on the “how to” of podcasting. The Board of Directors has already approved that recommendation, and the Professional Development Committee has arranged for an afternoon learning laboratory during our time together this summer in Washington, DC (make sure Saturday, August 3 is reserved on your calendar!). Randy Hall, the CEO of Aspire.com, will present this hands-on session (note to the competitive amongst us: there will be prizes for the best podcasts produced during the learning lab!). And Randy will deliver the podcasting information through the lens of change management – stay tuned for full details as we approach the summer conference.
I hope you enjoy reviewing the task force report, and that you’ll join me in thanking the task force for excellent work that is responsive to needs that YOU identified to help advance your association. Team VMAE – awesome!
Ralph Johnson, CEO | VMAE