06 Mar VMAE Supports World Pride Day in NYC
Pride Veterinary Medical Community (Pride VMC) is partnering with VMAE and all interested veterinary associations, veterinary organizations, and industry partners to gather up to 400 parade participants this coming June 30th for World Pride 2019 in NYC which corresponds with the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. Having the veterinary profession represented on the world stage is a unique and rare opportunity. Part of Pride VMC’s mission is to foster acceptance and inclusivity, and in that spirit it is providing the opportunity for individuals to march together and unite in pride for the LGBTQ+ Veterinary Medical Community.
Pride VMC has created an Eventbrite and Facebook Group for Vet Med World Pride 2019. Please distribute to your members through your organization’s Facebook pages/groups, websites, and other social media outlets.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign your organization on as supporting Pride VMC and World Pride Day 2019, raise questions, or request more detailed information pertaining to participation by your organization.
At press time, participating organizations included:
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- American Association of Industry Veterinarians
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Australia Rainbow Vets
- Banfield Pet Hospital
- Connecticut Veterinary Medical Association
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition
- Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association
- New York State Veterinary Medical Society
- New York Veterinary Medical Association
- Snout School
- The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine
- The Street Dog Coalition
- Veterinary Medical Association Executives
- Vet Show
- Washington State Veterinary Medical Association
- Women’s Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative