26 Apr Changing the Landscape of our Associations
The mission of the VMAE Power of 10 Task Force is to engage and develop recent graduates through the broadest possible adoption of a dynamic and evolving leadership program.
VMAE’s signature program, the Power of 10 (P10), has been in place as a tremendous member resource for the last 5 years. During this time, over 28 VMAs have implemented, or are in the process of implementing, the P10 program.
The Power of 10 Training Institute, hosted by Elanco in Indianapolis, was held March 21-23, 2017. The P10 Task Force is looking forward to working with these new VMAs who want to implement and onboard a P10 program within their organization.
For those VMAs who currently implement Power of 10, don’t forget all of the terrific resources that can be found at the VMAE website. Our task force has developed a huge set of resources and topic ideas that include the following:
- Self-Knowledge (Emotional Intelligence, Leadership Skills, etc.)
- Self-Management (5 Choices, Goal-setting, Time Management)
- Interpersonal Savvy (Insights, DISC, Situational Self-Leadership)
- Communication Skills (Media training, self-branding, etc.)
- Managing Conflict (DDI Module)
- Building Trust (Covey Module)
- Wellness (Compassion Fatigue)
- Professional Issues (Animal Welfare, Legislative, Legal, Advocacy, etc.)
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.974.0888 with any questions. The VMAE Task Force has worked really hard to develop and deliver a quality program for VMAE members. I thank task force members Charlene Wandzilak, Dina Michel, Ralph Johnson, Dr. Randy Wheeler, and Karlene Belyea for their time and dedication.
Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
VMAE Power of 10 Task Force Chair